Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of. You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing incredible garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. The audition is open, and you are not required to register.
Date: Saturday 18th May 2024
Venue: Wellington, address (tbc)
Do I have to register, or can I just turn up to the audition?
There is no need to apply or register, it is an open audition, just turn up on the day of the audition, as long as you meet the model requirements as per below.
What are you looking for in a model/performer?
• You need to be Wellington based.
• You do not need any previous experience in modelling.
• Model/performer age requirement is 15 years and over.
• Minimum height: at this stage no minimum height, height will depend on entries selected as finalists, specifics on height will not become available until the second audition in July.
• You must be able to commit to ALL rehearsals and shows.
• Be confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers.
• Able to take instruction from choreographers and directors.
• Dance experience is an advantage but not essential.
If selected as a model/performer, will I be paid?
Yes, this is a paid role. Payment level is determined through a tiered structure. The tiers are based on the following mix of criteria.
• previous experience
• the sections you are cast in.
• the number of garments you are selected to wear, which is determined by section timing, garment suitability/fit and performance capability.
If selected as a model/performer, how much time am I committing to?
• Rehearsals start in early August and continue through until the Show opens in late September – mid October 2024. 100% commitment to all rehearsals and shows is absolutely essential.
• There is a pre-show historic section and six competition sections in the show. Each section is rehearsed on different days of the week, and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in. Most models/performers are required to work 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days. All Models/performers must be available for all rehearsals days and accommodate changes in the rehearsal schedule.
• Rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm.
Is there a dancer/performer audition?
Tbc, more information regarding this early 2024