Collection of Personal Information
You may search, browse, and access information contained on our website without providing us with any personal information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us through this website (for example, when entering the World of WearableArt™ (WOW) Competition or other competitions conducted by us, when purchasing tickets or merchandise from us, when participating in discussion boards or engaging with us through social media or when you contact us to request information). We also automatically collect information when you visit our website, and we provide further information on this in the below “Tracking Technologies” section.
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is being collected and may include your first and last name, physical address, nationality, gender, e-mail address, phone numbers, date of birth, address, country of residence, occupation and whether you are undertaking any form of study. We may also collect information related to your health and medical record, such as your vaccination status (however we will only do this to the extent we are legally obligated to do so).
In the event that you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not fill in all required fields, or otherwise provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
Information may be collected, and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third party contractors. This information may be stored by our third party contractors outside of New Zealand.
Legal Basis for Processing and Use of Personal Information
How we process your personal information will depend on the purpose for which it is collected, however such processing will only occur where we have a legal basis to do so. Our legal basis for processing your personal information will, in almost all circumstances, fall within the following categories:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive our periodic newsletter.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased tickets or merchandise from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and send the purchased items to you.
The following sets out a list of general uses of your personal information that may apply to you depending on the purpose for which you have provided your personal information to us:
- disclosure to and use by our service providers and contractors to help us operate our business and/or provide a service to you (for example, parties who help us operate our systems (such as maintaining our online payment system, ticketing database and digital marketing), provide us with fraud prevention services, send out mail, send out email, deliver digital ads and paid ads and clean collected data);
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information regarding WOW™ including emailing or posting you our periodic newsletter (you can opt-out of receiving any such information at any time) and conduct other promotional and marketing activities such as running marketing campaigns via social media and other channels;
- to conduct market research and analysis which may involve: (a) disclosing such information to our third party service providers in order for them to undertake research or analysis and report back; and (b) aggregating your information along with the data of other customers in order to develop insights in relation to the products and services we provide you;
- to contact you in response to employment or volunteer enquiries or provide information about available opportunities;
- to contact you in response to general enquiries;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to, which may include sharing your personal information with the Ministry of Health, or another Government Department, in order to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
Tickets and Online Store
You may purchase tickets to the World of WearableArt™ Show and WOW™ merchandise through our website. Please note that you must register an account with WOW to be able to purchase tickets. To facilitate these services, we will use information we receive:
- to contact you if there is a problem with the items you wish to purchase, or for the return or exchange of item;
- to process and administrate your transaction with us;
- to provide and deliver the products and services you have requested; • to contact you if there is a cancellation or change in event details; and
for archival purposes which involves maintaining a database of all purchasers of tickets, such database will generally be used for direct marketing purposes which may include receiving emails or phone calls in respect of promotions.
World of WearableArt (WOW) Competition Administration
In order to be eligible to enter the WOW™ Competition, you must first be registered with WOW™. Registration is a one-off requirement, and once registered you will be able to enter into each annual WOW™ Competition. If you register with WOW™and enter the competition, we will use your personal information:
- for archival purposes which involves maintaining a record of all entrants to the competition;
- to contact you in relation to the competition including providing you with information and returning any property (such as garments) that you have submitted to us as part of entry tothe competition (and this will involve providing your personal information to our logistics partner (currently Mainfreight) to enable any such return of property);
- for the purposes of promoting the competition which may include providing your contact details to the media and profiling finalists and award winnersthrough our social media channels; and
- in the event you are an international entrant (i.e. you do not reside in New Zealand and are not a New Zealand citizen), to notify the embassy of your country of origin of your entry intothe competition to give them the opportunity to host you in the event you travel to New Zealand for Awards Week.
Secure Online Transactions
WOW™ engages a third party provider to manage payments made via its website. WOW™ and its third party online payment provider adopt appropriate security measures to protect your personalinformation (including any credit or debit card details that you may submit through our website) against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example we use encryption,physical access security and other applicable security systems and our online payment provider complies with the payment card industry data security standard. Our website uses the industry standard security protocol Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encode sensitive information. We recommend you take appropriate security precautions when accessing our website via publicWi-Fi networks or shared computers.
Use of Tracking Technologies
Examples of information we may collect using cookies and other tracking technologies include:
- technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Access and Correction & Other Rights
You can request confirmation of what personal information we hold about you and require that we provide access to such personal information at any time. Please note that there are some circumstances which allow us to refuse to grant you access to your personal information.
You may also request that we correct any personal information we hold on you. When you request any such correction, or at any later time, you may:
- provide us with a statement of the correction sought to your personal information (correction statement); and
- request that we attach such correction statement to the relevant information if we do not make the requested correction.
If we refuse to make the requested correction and you have provided us with a correction statement, we will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure the correction statement is attached to the relevant information so that the correction statement will be read with such information. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or otherwise by clicking the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” links in any marketing material we send you. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information we have collected at any time. Any such withdrawal will not invalidate processing that has occurred prior to withdrawing your consent.
Retention and Deletion
The personal information we collect from you will be kept for so long as it is needed to carry out the purpose for which it was collected. The vast majority of the personal information that is collected and retained is from:
- fans of WOW when they register with us;
- entrants into the WOW™ Competition; and
- customers that purchase tickets and merchandise through our website.
In all these instances, your consent is obtained to the uses described earlier in this policy. As these uses include on-going marketing activities and promotion of WOW and archival purposes, your personal information will be retained until such time as you request its deletion (which you may request at any time).
Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to:
- our group companies, affiliates and/or related entities;
- our third party service providers to assist us in performing any of the tasks described above under the “Use of Personal Information” heading;
- any person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganisation, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personal information that you provide andother information concerning your relationship with us.
Otherwise, we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is alegal obligation, or we are legally permitted, to do so. Other than when we are required by law to disclose your personal information, we will only provide your personal information to a third party as described in this section if we believe on reasonable grounds that such third party is required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides safeguards which are comparable to the safeguards afforded to you under the Privacy Act 2020. This may involve the transferring of your personal information to other parts of the world.
If you would like to update or correct your personal information, or seek access to the personal information we hold about you, or have questions, comments or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer, Matthew de Kimble Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.