Collection of Personal Information
You may search, browse, and access information contained on our website without providing us with any personal information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us through this website (for example, when entering the World of WearableArtTM Awards or other competitions conducted by us, when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or when you contact us to request information about us).
The types of personal information that we collect includes your first and last name, physical address, nationality, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address, country of residence and whether you are undertaking any form of study.
In the event that you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not fill in all required fields, or otherwise provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
Information may be collected, and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third party contractors. Furthermore, this information may be stored by our third party contractors outside of New Zealand.
Use of Personal Information
How we use your personal information will depend on the purpose for which it is collected. Generally we collect and hold the personal information you provide us with to identify and contact you and send any information you have requested.
Importantly, there are two distinct phases at which you will provide us with personal information. The first is when you register with WOWTM. The second is when you enter into the World of WearableArtTM Awards.
In order to be eligible to enter the World of WearableArtTM Awards, you must first be registered with WOWTM. Registration is a one off requirement, and once registered you will be able to enter into each annual edition of the World of WearableArtTM Awards. If you register with WOWTM, we will use your personal information:
- to provide you with information regarding WOWTM including sending you our periodic newsletter; and
- for archival purposes which involves maintaining a record of all entrants to the World of WearableArtTM
In addition to those uses when registering with WOWTM, if you are entering the World of WearableArtTM Awards, we will also use your personal information:
- to contact you in relation to the competition including providing you with information and returning any property (such as garments) that you have submitted to us as part of entry to the competition (and this will involve providing your personal information to our logistics partner (currently Mainfreight) to enable any such return of property);
- for the purposes of promoting the World of WearableArtTM Awards which may include providing your contact details to the media; and
- in the event you are an international entrant (i.e. you do not reside in New Zealand and are not a New Zealand citizen), to notify the embassy of your country of origin of your entry into the Awards to give them an opportunity to host you in the event you attend the Awards.
Use of Tracking Technologies
We also automatically collect information about your visit to our website through the use of Google Analytics which collects non-personally identifiable data to understand how you use our website.
Examples of information we may collect using Google Analytics include information about your visit such as the information you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Access and Correction
You can request that we provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. There are certain exemptions which may apply to, or otherwise prevent us from providing you with, your information.
You can also request us to correct such personal information. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to our group companies, affiliates, related entities and/or service providers. We may also transfer your personal information to third parties as set out above under the “Use of Personal Information” heading. Otherwise we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.