Be inspired by the Open Section in the 2020 World of WearableArt Awards. On this page you’ll find a set of resources we have put together to inspire and provide a jumping-off point for your 2020 entry.
WOW rewards the curious, the courageous and those who are passionate enough to stand in the face of self-doubt and embrace creativity no matter the cost.
– Dame Suzie Moncrieff, WOW Founder
Explore the limits of your imagination and create with no boundaries for the 2020 World of WearableArt Awards with the Open Section. Tell a story through your design and create something that challenges the conventional. Focus on originality, authenticity and artistry when developing your garment, and consider your construction and choice of materials.
Bring us the extraordinary.
Find out more about what the judges are looking for in a World of WearableArt garment here: What are the judges looking for?
– Heather Palmer, Competition Director
We see incredible garments each year in the World of WearableArt Awards that defy creative expectations. Be inspired by the creations below but remember the judges are looking for a garment that will surprise them and demonstrates design from a fresh perspective that they haven’t seen before.
||Flow of Creation
2017 Science Fiction Section
Fenella Fenton & Jeff Thomson
2013 Open Section Winner
2015 Open Section Third
|Brighter Side of Pail
||222 Buckle Belts|
2016 Creative Excellence Section Second
2018 Open Section Third
2017 Open Section
Feeling inspired? What’s your next step?
- This world is yours to create, but visit Dame Suzie Moncrieff’s Open Section Pinterest Board to further inspiration…
- Download the 2020 Entry Guide (available from 28 September 2019)
- Start the online entry process and enter the 2020 World of WearableArt Awards (open from 28 September 2019)