Cirque du Soleil Invited Artisan Award
Terms and Conditions:
- The Invited Artisan Award is awarded to the designer that Cirque du Soleil deems the candidate best suited to undertake a four week Invited Artisan residency.
- If a suitable candidate for the Award is not identified, the Award will not be given.
- To be eligible, designers must meet the following criteria:
Able to complete the four week Invited Artisan experience at a time suitable to Cirque du Soleil, between January – August 2019;
Experience in creative industries and/or a relevant tertiary qualification;
Excellent manual dexterity and knowledge of technologies;
Have a working knowledge of English language (note: French language skills would be beneficial);
Adaptable and able to fit in the Cirque team;
Mature and confident about living in Montreal independently for four weeks; and
Able to meet the visa requirements of Canada.
- All designers who are finalists can apply for this Award. However, it is noted that this Award is likely to be more suited to an established or emerging designer, as opposed to a designer at student level.
- The Invited Artisan will receive NZD5,000 in prize money and their garment will become part of WOW’s historical collection. WOW will deposit the NZD5,000 garment acquisition prize money into the bank account nominated by the winning designer.
- One economy class return airfare to Montreal from anywhere in the world will be provided by WOW. Once dates for the residency are confirmed, WOW will liaise directly with the Invited Artisan regarding flight arrangements.
- Cirque du Soleil will arrange suitable accommodation for the designer in Montreal during the four-week residency. Daily living expenses will be the designer’s own responsibility.
- Cirque du Soleil will pay the designer a residency fee through the Cirque du Soleil payroll system and the designer will be covered by Cirque du Soleil’s insurance during their four week stay in Montreal. The details of this payment will be discussed with the selected designer.
- Cirque du Soleil will liaise directly with the Invited Artisan following the 2018 World of WearableArt Awards Ceremony to make the necessary arrangements for the Invited Artisan residency. WOW will maintain an overview of these discussions.
- The designer selected as the 2018 WOW Invited Artisan will be required to meet with a representative of Cirque du Soleil (in person or by Skype) prior to undertaking the four-week residency in Montreal.
- The Invited Artisan will need to make themselves available before, after and during the residency with Cirque du Soleil for any media and associated WOW activity which may arise.