We are seeking dynamic movers and confident performers of all nationalities, genders, and levels of experience and invite you to come along to our 2023 model/performer audition. Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of.
You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing cutting-edge garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. The audition is open, and you are not required to register.
Date: Sunday 7th May
Venue: Te Whaea National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road Newtown, Wellington
Time: 10am Dancer/Performer Registrations followed by the Audition
Time: 11.00am Model Registrations followed by the Audition
Please see below for more information & FAQs
When are the 2023 Auditions?
Sunday 7th May. Te Whaea National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown, Wellington.
• 10.00am Registration for Dance/Performer Audition
• 11.00am Registration for Model Audition
Do I have to register or can I just turn up to the audition?
There is no need to apply or register, it is an open audition, just turn up on the day of the audition. If you are auditioning as a model, you will need to meet the model requirements as per below.
What are you looking for in a model?
- You need to be Wellington based
- You do not need any previous experience in modelling
- Model/performer age requirement is 16 years and over
- Minimum height: For Models 170cm
- You must be able to commit to ALL rehearsals
- Be confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers
- Able to take instruction from choreographers and directors
- Dance experience is an advantage but not essential
If selected as a model will I get paid?
Yes, this is a paid role. The payment level is determined through a tiered structure. The tiers are based on the following mix of criteria.
- Previous experience
- The sections you are cast in
- The number of garments you are selected to wear, which is determined by garment fit and model/performer movement capability
If selected as a model, how much time am I committing to?
- Rehearsals in early August and continue through until the Show opens in late September – mid-October 2023. 100% commitment to all rehearsals and Shows is absolutely essential
- There are six sections in the Show. Each section is rehearsed on different days of the week, and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in. Most models are required 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days. All models/performers must be available for all rehearsals days
- Model rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6 pm.
Is there a dancer/performer audition?
Yes, this will be on the same day as per the timetable
Have a question that isn't answered?
For further enquiries please email Model & Special Projects Manager, Leonie: email@example.com