2017 WOW OPEN AUDITIONS FOR MODELS
Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting, challenging and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of. You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing cutting-edge garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. Some of our talented designers have worked for the likes of Madonna, Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, Jessie J, and the Black Eyed Peas.
Our first audition was held in May, if you missed this audition and would like to model in this year’s Awards Show please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below for more information and FAQs:
DO I HAVE TO APPLY, OR CAN I JUST TURN UP TO THE AUDITION?
The first open audition has passed and any models still interested in auditioning for this year’s show must apply by emailing Leonie at email@example.com.
I HAVE NO MODELLING EXPERIENCE, CAN I STILL AUDITION?
Yes, as long as you meet our height and age criteria as below.
ARE PEOPLE FROM OUT OF WELLINGTON ABLE TO AUDITION FOR THE WORLD OF WEARABLEART AWARDS SHOW?
Yes, but you must be able to commit to living in Wellington for our full rehearsal and show period (see below for more information).
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A MODEL?
- You must meet our height and age criteria – female models to be over 170cm tall and male models to be over 178cm tall
- Adult model age requirement is 16 – 35 years
- Able to commit to ALL rehearsals
- Confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers
- Able to take instruction from choreographers, directors and photographers
- Dance or modelling experience is an advantage but not essential
- The number of models changes each year depending on the amount of garment entries received
COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT MAY BE EXPECTED OF ME AT THE ADULT MODEL AUDITION, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS TO HELP ME PREPARE FOR THIS?
- Please come well presented, wear fitted clothing
- Female models need to bring high heels and flat shoes
- If you have long hair it must be pulled back off your face
- Models will learn a short dance routine and perform this as part of a large and small group.
- It will be an advantage if you feel confident performing and understand the basics of rhythm
SHOULD I WEAR MAKE UP?
Yes, and we would prefer it if females wear make-up.
WHAT ABOUT DANCERS?
All professional dance roles have been filled. Dancers will also be cast as models, so if you meet the height and age criteria then we encourage you to apply as a model.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM SELECTED IN THE JULY AUDITION?
At the end of the July audition, we will select a smaller group of models to stay and participate in a workshop, the final selected group of models will be asked to attend fittings in August. It is likely all models who attend the fittings will be allocated garments, but we cannot guarantee this.
IF SELECTED AS AN ADULT MODEL, WILL I BE PAID?
Yes, this is a paid role, payment is dependent on the amount of garments you are selected to wear, this is determined by garment fit and model movement capability.
IF SELECTED AS AN ADULT MODEL, HOW MUCH TIME AM I COMMITING TOO?
- Rehearsals start the first week in August and continue through until the Show opens on Wednesday 20th September – Sunday 8th October, 100% commitment to all rehearsals and Shows is absolutely essential
- There are six sections in the Show, each section is rehearsed on different days of the week and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in, most models are required 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days
- Rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm, rehearsal venue is yet to be determined
IS THERE A CHILDREN’S AUDITION?
No, there is no Children’s section in the 2017 Show, so we will not be auditioning for children.