AUDITIONS FOR MODELS/PERFORMERS
Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of. You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing cutting-edge garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. Some of our talented designers have worked for the likes of Madonna, Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, Jessie J, and the Black Eyed Peas.
We will be holding our model/performer auditions on Sunday 19th May 2019. If you are interested in modelling for our 2019 show please see below for more information and FAQs:
WHERE ARE THE 2019 OPEN AUDITIONS BEING HELD AND WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO BE THERE?
Venue: Te Whaea NZ National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchinson Road, Wellington
Registration is 12:00 – 12:45pm, with auditions at 1:00 – 3:30pm
DO I HAVE TO APPLY, OR CAN I JUST TURN UP TO THE AUDITION?
There is no need to apply, just turn up on the day of the audition.
I HAVE NO MODELLING EXPERIENCE, CAN I STILL AUDITION?
ARE PEOPLE FROM OUT OF WELLINGTON ABLE TO AUDITION FOR THE WORLD OF WEARABLEART AWARDS SHOW?
Yes, but you must be able to commit to living in Wellington for our full rehearsal and show period (see below for more information).
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A MODEL/PERFORMER?
- You don’t need any previous experience in modelling
- Model/performer age requirement is 16 years and over
- Minimum height: Female – 170cm | Male – 178cm
- Able to commit to ALL rehearsals
- Confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers
- Able to take instruction from choreographers, directors and photographers
- Dance experience is an advantage but not essential
- The number of models/performers changes each year depending on the amount of garment entries received
WHAT ABOUT DANCERS?
All specific dance roles have now been filled, but dancers will be cast as models/performers, so we encourage you to attend the model/performer audition.
COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT MAY BE EXPECTED OF ME AT THE MODEL/PERFORMER AUDITION, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS TO HELP ME PREPARE FOR THIS?
- Female models need to bring high heels and flat shoes
- If you have long hair it must be pulled back off your face
- Models/performers will learn a short dance routine and perform this as part of a large and small group
- It will be an advantage if you feel confident performing and understand the basics of rhythm
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM SELECTED IN THE MAY AUDITION?
If you are selected in the May audition you will then be invited to the 2nd round of auditions held in July. In this round of auditions we also invite past WOW models to audition.
At the end of the July audition, we will select a smaller group of models to stay and participate in a workshop. The final selected group of models will be asked to attend fittings in August. It is likely all models who attend the fittings will be allocated garments, but we cannot guarantee this.
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, WILL I BE PAID?
This is a paid role. Payment level is determined through a tiered structure. The tiers are based on the following mix of criteria, previous experience, the sections you are cast in and the number of garments you are selected to wear, which is determined by garment fit and model/performer movement capability.
For more information please contact Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: email@example.com
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, HOW MUCH TIME AM I COMMITTING TOO?
- Rehearsals start in August and continue through until the Show opens in late September. 100% commitment to all rehearsals and Shows is absolutely essential.
- There are six sections in the Show, each section is rehearsed on different days of the week and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in, most models/performers are required 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days
- Rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm.
IS THERE A CHILDREN’S AUDITION?
No, there will not be children required for the 2019 WOW Awards Show.
HAVE A QUESTION THAT ISN'T ANSWERED?
For further enquiries please contact Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: firstname.lastname@example.org