AUDITIONS FOR MODELS/PERFORMERS
Please note: auditions for the 2018 WOW Awards Show were held on Sunday 20 May. If you missed these auditions please read the FAQs and if you can meet our requirements and would like to apply you still can by emailing Leonie; firstname.lastname@example.org
Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of. You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing cutting-edge garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. Some of our talented designers have worked for the likes of Madonna, Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, Jessie J, and the Black Eyed Peas.
Please see below for more information and FAQs:
DO I HAVE TO APPLY?
Yes, please send a recent photo, height, age and experience i.e. dance, modelling or any performance to email@example.com
I HAVE NO MODELLING EXPERIENCE, CAN I STILL AUDITION?
Yes, as above.
ARE PEOPLE FROM OUT OF WELLINGTON ABLE TO AUDITION FOR THE WORLD OF WEARABLEART AWARDS SHOW?
Yes, but you must be able to commit to living in Wellington for our full rehearsal and show period (see below for more information).
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A MODEL/PERFORMER?
- You don’t need any previous experience in modelling
- Model/performer age requirement is 16 years and over
- Minimum height: Female – 170cm | Male – 178cm
- Able to commit to ALL rehearsals
- Confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers
- Able to take instruction from choreographers, directors and photographers
- Dance experience is an advantage but not essential
- The number of models/performers changes each year depending on the amount of garment entries received
WHAT ABOUT DANCERS?
All specific dance roles have now been filled, but dancers will be cast as models/performers, so we encourage dancers to apply
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM SELECTED IN THE MAY AUDITION?
If you are selected in the May audition you will then be invited to the 2nd round of auditions held in July. In this round of auditions we also invite past WOW models to audition.
At the end of the July audition, we will select a smaller group of models to stay and participate in a workshop. The final selected group of models will be asked to attend fittings in August. It is likely all models who attend the fittings will be allocated garments, but we cannot guarantee this.
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, WILL I BE PAID?
Yes, this is a paid role, payment is dependent on the number of garments you are selected to wear, this is determined by garment fit and model/performer movement capability.
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, HOW MUCH TIME AM I COMMITTING TOO?
- Rehearsals start the second week in August and continue through until the Show opens on Wednesday 26th September – Sunday 14th October 2018, 100% commitment to all rehearsals and Shows is absolutely essential
- There are seven sections in the Show, each section is rehearsed on different days of the week and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in, most models/performers are required 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days
- Rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm, rehearsal venue is in the CBD
IS THERE A CHILDREN’S AUDITION?
All child roles have now been filled.
HAVE A QUESTION THAT ISN'T ANSWERED?
For further enquiries please contact Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: firstname.lastname@example.org