AUDITIONS FOR MODELS/PERFORMERS
Please note: All models / dancers / performers have been selected for the 2019 Show. If you are interested in modelling in our 2020 Show, please see below for more details. We will be holding our model auditions in Wellington, May 2020.
Being involved in the WOW® Awards Show is exciting and rewarding – an achievement you can be proud of. You will make new friends, extend your creative skills and have loads of fun along the way. You will also have the privilege of wearing cutting-edge garments made by some of the most creative art and fashion minds from New Zealand and around the world. Some of our talented designers have worked for the likes of Madonna, Kylie Jenner, Lady Gaga, Jessie J, and the Black Eyed Peas.
If you are interested in modelling for our 2020 WOW Awards show please see below for more information and FAQs:
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A MODEL/PERFORMER?
- You don’t need any previous experience in modelling
- Model/performer age requirement is 16 years and over
- Minimum height: Female – 170cm | Male – 178cm
- Able to commit to ALL rehearsals
- Confident in front of large groups of people, performing in front of television cameras and photographers
- Able to take instruction from choreographers, directors and photographers
- Dance experience is an advantage but not essential
- The number of models/performers changes each year depending on the amount of garment entries received
WHAT ABOUT DANCERS?
- Apply by emailing your CV to Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: firstname.lastname@example.org
IS THERE A CHILDREN’S AUDITION?
- We are not able to confirm this until early 2020
COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT MAY BE EXPECTED OF ME AT THE MAY 2020 MODEL/PERFORMER AUDITION, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS TO HELP ME PREPARE FOR THIS?
- Female models need to bring high heels and flat shoes
- If you have long hair it must be pulled back off your face
- Models/performers will learn a short dance routine and perform this as part of a large and small group
- It will be an advantage if you feel confident performing and understand the basics of rhythm
I HAVE NO MODELLING EXPERIENCE, CAN I STILL AUDITION?
ARE PEOPLE FROM OUT OF WELLINGTON ABLE TO AUDITION FOR THE WORLD OF WEARABLEART AWARDS SHOW?
Yes, but you must be able to commit to living in Wellington for our full rehearsal and show period (see below for more information).
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, WILL I BE PAID?
This is a paid role. Payment level is determined through a tiered structure. The tiers are based on the following mix of criteria, previous experience, the sections you are cast in and the number of garments you are selected to wear, which is determined by garment fit and model/performer movement capability.
For more information please contact Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: email@example.com
IF SELECTED AS A MODEL/PERFORMER, HOW MUCH TIME AM I COMMITTING TO?
- Rehearsals start in August and continue through until the Show opens in late September. 100% commitment to all rehearsals and Shows is absolutely essential.
- There are six sections in the Show, each section is rehearsed on different days of the week and you will be called in only for the sections you are cast in, most models/performers are required 3-4 evenings and 1-2 weekend days
- Rehearsals generally run Monday to Thursday evenings 5:45pm – 10:30pm and Saturday and Sundays 10am-6pm.
HAVE A QUESTION THAT ISN'T ANSWERED?
For further enquiries please contact Wardrobe Manager, Leonie: firstname.lastname@example.org